MPD Virtual Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in a career with MPD.
A safer city takes a team. Join ours.
MPD is now conducting virtual screening in lieu of Prospect Day. To start your virtual application, please complete the following steps:
- Visit JOINMPD.DC.GOV and click APPLY NOW.
- Fill out the MPD interest card by providing your name, email address, phone number and selecting the position you are applying for.
- Next, look out for an email from MPD with instructions for completing an MPD screening packet. The packet is extensive, so give yourself time to review and complete it. You will need to scan or photograph documents that confirm your eligibility for a position with MPD, such as a birth certificate and college transcript. Please check your SPAM folder if you do not receive an email from MPD within 5 business days.
- Once you complete the virtual hiring packet, email the packet according to the instructions provided, along with your additional required documents, to the Recruiting Division at [email protected]
- The MPD Recruiting Division in Washington, DC will review your eligibility and qualifications. A background investigator may contact you if they require any additional documents, or have follow-up questions.
Within 5 business days eligible candidates will receive an email from MPD (please remember to check your SPAM folder) that contains detailed instructions on how to register for the written examination, the National Testing Network (NTN) exam. Please note that there are now options to take the NTN exam virtually.
Upon successful passing of the NTN exam, eligible candidates will be assigned a background investigator who will provide them with further information on completing the physiological, medical and polygraph exams.
Don’t forget to check out the Frequently Asked Questions section on our webpage. We wish you luck on your application and journey with MPD!