Becoming an MPD Professional Employee
Each day, approximately 650 professional staff serve the Metropolitan Police Department in a broad variety of engaging positions ranging from administrative, technical and operational positions to strategic and senior leadership positions. Every member plays an integral and important role in the day-to-day operations of the Department, and MPD actively recruits and seeks qualified applicants to serve in civilian capacities.
- Annual Leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Competitive Salary
- Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance
- Language Stipend Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance Program
- Optical Coverage
- Paid holidays
- Sick Leave
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
To formally apply for a professional staff position at MPD, please visit https://careers.dc.gov/. Once you click on this link, please follow these steps to apply for a position with MPD:
- Click on "View All Jobs"
- Then, under the "Agency" section of the website on the left hand side of the page, click on "Metropolitan Police Department" and you will see all of the MPD positions populate. Please note that new positions are frequently added to the site, so make sure to check back on the website periodically.